We comply with Denmark’s Agency on Digitization’s best practices
We comply with the Danish government’s Agency on Digitization’s best practice guidelines for IT providers. To make it easy for you to learn about DataMapper security, we’ve published our answers to 11 questions they use to evaluate software in Danish and English.
- We log all access to your files.
- We frequently back up documents and data.
- We use the latest encryption standards both when transferring and storing your documents, including backup.
- We guarantee that your data does not leave the EU.
- We monitor and keep all servers up to date with the latest OS and security patches
DataMapper data flow diagram
DataMapper can scan personal sensitive data from cloud solutions, desktop and network drives. Data can only be scanned, when the users choses the location and folders to scan and authenticates the scan using security tokes. Data is then moved to a secure tennant within a personal resource group where data is scanned and processed with AI/ML algoritms.
The scanned meta data (extracted data) is then transferred securely to a storage in the personal tennant, where it will be used by DataMapper to visualize risks, enabling the user to clean up.
Data stays safe while you use DataMapper
Features to keep data secure
Our ethical AI
As AI becomes more and more widely used, questions about its ethics arise. Indeed, anytime you use AI, you should ask if it is ethical and use it responsibly.
Ethical AI should adhere to well-defined ethical guidelines and protect fundamental values, including:
- Individual rights
DataMapper’s AI does not create ethical concerns, for the following reasons:
- DataMapper uses AI to quickly detect and classify the personal data you already store in your systems. It does not collect additional data from your customers in any way.
- You decide who to invite to DataMapper, and what access they will have to the information gathered. You can give a user access to only their own data storage (regular user); or give them access to data and statistics for the whole company.
- Once DataMapper’s AI finds sensitive data and shows it to you, it is up to you to decide what to do with it. DataMapper’s AI cannot be used for automated decision making and it does not alter or manipulate the data in any way.