Safe Online is the personal data controller for this website and in accordance with the legislation on personal data applicable in Denmark, is responsible for any personal data submitted by you on this website.
It’s important to us that your data is processed securely and appropriately. We hope you take the time to read about the data we do collect, why we collect it, and how you can manage and delete it. If you still have questions, please feel free to contact us.
A ‘cookie’ is a small text file sent from our server to your browser. The cookie cannot be connected to you personally. It can only recognize the browser that is installed on your computer and that is used to access our Website. Different cookies are sent to different computers if you access the Website from different computers. Cookies are required for the system to function correctly and safely, for example when you log in to your account. Cookies are also used to measure the data traffic in the system and for statistical reasons.
There are two types of cookies, one type is called session cookies, and the other is called permanent cookies. A session cookie is sent between your computer and our server in order for the system to work properly during your visit to the Website. A session cookie disappears when the browser is closed and is thus not stored on the computer. A permanent cookie is stored in your computer and allows our systems to recognize your computer’s IP address and web browser the next time you log in. We use both session cookies and permanent cookies.
How long do we store cookies?
Some cookies remain on your device for a set period of time specified in the cookie. They are reactivated each time you visit our Website.
Other cookies, however, are temporary and are only stored during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
You can read more about the expiry date of each cookie in the cookie declaration. You can always return to the cookie declaration by pressing the icon in the lower left corner.
How can you avoid cookies?
It is possible to avoid some types of cookies, other cookies are necessary for the website to work properly.
Most browsers allow you to use Private Browsing, after which you can anonymously visit websites. In many cases, this will also limit the number of cookies stored on your browser to the cookies that are necessary for the website to function optimally.
- Private browsing in Microsoft Edge (Ctrl+Shift+P)
- Private browsing in FireFox (Ctrl+Shift+P)
- Private Browsing in Safari for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (new tab + Private)
- Private browsing in Chrome (Ctrl+Shift+N)
- Private browsing in Opera (Ctrl+Shift+N)
- Private browsing in Brave (Ctrl+Shift+P)
How can you delete cookies?
We use the cookies you have approved until you withdraw your consent. You can withdraw your consent in the cookie settings in the lower left corner of the website. You can also change or withdraw your cookie consent by deleting cookies your internet browser.
All browsers allow you to either delete cookies individually or all at once. Below you will find a list of links with instructions on how to delete cookies for each of the most commonly used browsers. Remember to delete the cookies in all browsers if you use more than one.
Cookies from third parties and business partners
When you visit this website, we place cookies on behalf of third parties and business partners, depending on your consent.
- Third parties are services that provide content to the website in the form of video, submit forms, and chat functionality. In addition, third-party applications are used to optimise our website experience based on the user behaviour we track on the Website. Such services are YouTube, Google, Hubspot and Matomo.
Privacy & confidentiality
We respect the confidentiality of personal data, so it’s important to us that your data is processed securely and appropriately, even basic data like your name and email address.
What Is personal data?
Personal data is any kind of information that can be attributed to natural persons, even though this requires knowledge of, for example, personal identification number, address etc.
What personal data do we collect?
Your data is obtained by the Website when you submit your personal data to us, usually in a contact form. Safe Online also collects behavioural data when you visit our Website.
Two types of data we collect are:
- Profile Data: Personal data that you provide us, either in a contact form, during a demo call, or when communicating with us in any other way. Your Profile Data includes your name and email address.
- Behavioral Data: When you visit our Website and/or use our Add-in, we collect the following data about how you use our Add-in: IP addresses, session data, and other data that helps us track your behavior on our Website. We also collect data about the types of devices you use to interact with our Website. In addition, we also collect your geographical location.
We will only use your personal data as outlined in this policy.
How do we use personal data?
- To deliver targeted ads and campaigns.
- To register and sign you up as a user so you can login to use our services.
- To send you newsletters and other relevant news.
- To understand the way you use our Website and solutions so we can improve and develop new products and services.
- To make analyses and statistics about our customers, our market, our Website, and our services so we can better understand our customers and offer new and improved products/services.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Who we share your personal data with depends on the level of your consent. The specific cookies and providers are outlined in the cookie declaration.
- Profile and Behavioral data may be shared with trusted business partners. Safe Online only shares your profile and Behavioral Data with trusted partners, such as marketing agencies, development consultants and other consultants, etc., who help us maintain, update, market or run our Website, Add-in, business, or service. These parties will only have access to your personal data to the extent necessary for the purposes of the cooperation and always with a contractual obligation to treat your personal data confidentiality, and SafeOnline will not share any data other than your Profile Data and Behavioral Data.
- Behavioral Data may be shared with third party services for marketing. Behavioral Data may also be shared with third party services in order to: provide marketing, advertising or other similar services. These services include, but are not limited to: Facebook, Google, Bing, LinkedIn.
- Behavioral Data may be shared with third party services for analysis and optimization. In order to measure and optimise visits on our Website, your Behavioral Data may be shared with third party services. Such services include for example: Google, Hubspot, Facebook and Matomo.
- Profile Data may be shared to send newsletters. In order for us to send you newsletters, perform customer surveys, collect feedback on our services, as well as other communication, your Profile Data will be shared with, inter alia, following third party services.
- All data may be shared for safe storage. In order to protect your personal data against unauthorised access, all categories of your personal data are stored and processed by our IT Infrastructure provider, Microsoft Azure. You can read more about security under the “Protection of personal data”.
- Data may be shared for legal compliance reasons or in case of a dispute. We may share your data if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise Appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
When you fill in a contact form, you consent to our viewing and using your information as outlined in this policy.
You can withdraw your consent at any time as described in the section “Your Rights”.
After withdrawing consent to our processing of personal data as outlined in this policy, you may not be able to use the services offered on this Website.
For the purpose of communicating with possible customers, we process your personal data in compliance with the general data protection regulation article 6, section 1 (f).
How long do we keep personal data?
The Website stores data you submit when you fill in a contact form for 2 years after you stop using our services.
Contact information obtained for the purpose of sending newsletters and updates about our products will be retained until you unsubscribe.
You can request to have any of your personal data deleted at any time by contacting us. See more in the section below called “Your Rights as a Safe Online website user”.
How do we protect your data?
Safe Online encrypts your personal data when it is in transit using 2048 bit HTTPS encryption. HTTPS is used for protection against unwanted tampering with digital communication. In this way, your data is secured against unauthorised access.
Once your data is stored, it is also encrypted with 2048 bits, on servers handled by our service provider Microsoft Azure. The servers are also encrypted, and under guard. The server is located inside the EU.
Notification of data breach
In case of a security breach that may compromise your personal data, Safe Online will notify you by email without undue delay. The email will contain information about the extent of the security breach, what specific data is affected, and what actions and plans have been initiated to limit any possible harm or misuse of your personal data.
Your rights as a Safe Online website user
- You have the right to have your personal data deleted. Safe Online, however, will in some cases reserve the right to either restrict or reject a deletion if the personal data in question is required in order for us to comply with applicable law or regulation or to defend a legal claim.
- You are entitled to insight as to what personal data we are processing about you. You can request a data extract at any time of all the data that we keep regarding your person. Your personal data will be delivered as soon as possible, however, always within 4 weeks.
- You are entitled to transfer your data to another data controller. Your data will be delivered to you electronically, so that you are able to transfer the data to another data controller/service provider.
- You are entitled to correct any inaccurate data we may process about you.
- You are entitled to withdraw consent if you wish to stop or restrict our processing of your personal data.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects personal data from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete personal data from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove personal data from our backup systems.
If you want to know more about the types of personal data we possess about you or have questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact Safe Online privacy officer, Sebastian Allerelli at mail: email@example.com
You may also send, request or manage your data in our Request Portal by clicking here.
If you wish to complain about Safe Online’s processing and/or use of your personal data, you can do so by contacting the authorities. In Denmark, the relevant government body is Datatilsynet, Borgergade 28, 5, 1300 Kbh K, tel. +45 33 19 32 00.
See more at www.datatilsynet.dk
The latest update will always be displayed at the bottom of this page. In case we make updates or changes to this policy, all parties will be notified. The date of change or update will also be shown below.
CVR no: DK38589962
2200 København N
Phone: (+45) 31 66 34 00E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org