Safe Online respects all wishes for the confidentiality of personal data and we strive to ensure that all personal data is processed securely and appropriately.
What Is Personal Data?
Personal data is any kind of information that can be attributed to natural persons, even though this requires knowledge of, for example, personal identification number, address, etc.
A distinction is made between three types of personal data: “Sensitive Personal Data” and “Personal Data” and “Personal Data About Criminal Offences and Convictions”.
Sensitive Personal Data is information about race or ethnic origin, political, religious or philosophical beliefs or union affiliation, as well as the treatment of genetic or biometric data for the purpose of identifying a natural person, his or her’s health data, and sexual orientation.
Personal data is information that does not fall under the category of sensitive personal data. For example, personal identifiers such as name, address, financial data, commercial data about customers, or more technical data such as IP addresses.
Personal data about criminal offenses and convictions is data about any criminal offense and/or potential convictions, regardless of whether the offense has resulted in a liable and/or punishable offense. This type of data is separately defined in the Danish Data Protection Act.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
Safe Online collects different categories of personal data when using Safe Online’s Websites.
Your data is obtained by Safe Online in two ways, either when you submit your personal data while using the Safe Online Websites, or when Safe Online collects the data when you visit our Websites.
We collect personal data in the following ways:
- Profile Data: Personal data that you provide in order to transfer data using Safe Online products. Your Profile Data includes your name and email address.
- Communications Data: Personal data contained in communications between you and the party you are requesting data from, or otherwise provided in any way when you are interacting with our Services.
- Behavioral Data: When you visit our Websites and/or use our Add-in, we collect the following data about how you use our Add-in: IP addresses, session data, and other data that helps us track your behavior on our websites or our Add-in. We also collect data about the types of devices you use to interact with our websites. In addition, we also collect your geographical location.
We will only use, disclose and otherwise process your personal data for the purposes set forth in your agreement with us for the provisioning of the Services. (A ‘User License Agreement’ is available for each of our products).
We also process the following data for the following purposes:
- SafeData: Any Personal Data, Sensitive Personal Data, and Personal Data About Criminal Offences and Convictions that is securely transferred to you or by you using our website. We will not process SafeData for any other purpose other than to transmit the requested SafeData between Users.
Why Do We Collect Personal Data?
We collect your personal data to give you the best possible experience with our Websites.
By using our Website you agree that Safe Online can process the categories of personal data necessary in order to service, optimize, maintain, or develop our websites.
We Use the Personal Data We Collect For the Following Purposes:
- To be able to deliver targeted ads and campaigns.
- To register and sign you up as a user and to enable secure login to our Add-in.
- To send you newsletters and other relevant news.
- To understand the way you use our Websites and Add-in so we can improve and optimize them as well as develop new products and services.
- Let you send inquiries regarding data portability to companies, authorities, etc. that controls or process your data.
- To make analysis and statistics about our customers, our market, our Websites, and our services so we can better understand our customers, which enables us to offer new and improved products and services.
- To send notifications and service notifications, to deliver data and other information about data protection from one of your service providers and other security measures built into Safe Online products.
- To send service notifications about data delivery, registration of data breach from one of your service providers, and other security measures built into Safe Online products.
Who do we share your personal data with?
- Business Partners’ processing of Profile and Behavioral Data: Safe Online only shares your profile and Behavioral Data with trusted partners, such as marketing agencies, development consultants and other consultants, etc., who help us maintain, update, market or run our Website, Add-in, business, or service. These parties will only have access to your personal data to the extent necessary for the purposes of the cooperation and always with a contractual obligation to treat your personal data confidentially, and SafeOnline will not share any data other than your Profile Data and Behavioral Data.
- Third-party services handling Behavioral Data to deliver marketing and advertising: Your Behavioral Data may also be shared with third-party services in order to provide marketing, advertising, or other similar services. These services include but are not limited to: Facebook, Google AdWords, Bing, LinkedIn.
- Third-party services handling Behavioral Data to make analyses and optimizations: In order to measure and optimize visits on our Websites, your Behavioral Data is shared with third-party services that can be used to optimize and improve our Websites and products. Such services include for example Google Analytics, Hotjar, Google Optimize, Bing, Facebook.
- Third-party services processing your Profile Data to send newsletters: In order for us to send you newsletters, perform customer surveys, collect feedback on our services, as well as other communication, your Profile Data will be shared with, inter alia, following third party services; ActiveCampaign and Typeform.
- Sharing of all data for safe storage: In order to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, all categories of your personal data are stored and processed by our IT Infrastructure provider, Microsoft Azure. You can read more about security under the “Protection of personal data”.
- Sharing of data for legal compliance reasons or in case of a dispute: We may share your data if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process, or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
Safe Online processes your personal data either on the basis of your agreed consent or if the processing is necessary for us to fulfill a contract to which you are a party.
If the processing is based on your consent, you will be able to withdraw your consent, as described in the section “Your Rights”.
If you do not wish to consent to our processing of your personal data, Safe Online may refuse to grant you access to the services offered on Safe Online’s Websites.
How long do we keep personal data?
When you terminate your account with Safe Online or otherwise end your engagement with Safe Online, your personal data will be stored for 2 years. After 2 years the data will be deleted.
Personal data obtained for the purpose of sending newsletters and updates about our products will be retained until you unsubscribe.
However, all personal data will always be deleted when the personal data is no longer relevant for the purpose for which it has been collected or if consent is withdrawn.
Read more about your rights as a data subject, as well as your options for deleting your personal data in the section below.
Protection of personal data
Safe Online encrypts your personal data when it is in transit using 4096 bit HTTPS encryption. HTTPS is used for protection against unwanted tampering with digital communication. In this way, your data is secured against unauthorized access.
Once your data is stored, it is also encrypted with 4096 bits, on servers handled by our service provider Microsoft Azure. The servers are also encrypted and under guard. The server is located inside the EU.
Your rights as a Safe Online website user
- As a data subject, you have the right to have your personal data deleted. Safe Online, however, will in some cases reserve the right to either restrict or reject a deletion if the personal data in question is required in order for us to comply with applicable law or regulation or to defend a legal claim.
- As a data subject, you are entitled to insight as to what personal data we are processing about you. You can request a data extract at any time of all the data that we keep regarding your person. Your personal data will be delivered as soon as possible – however, always within 4 weeks.
- As a data subject, you are entitled to transfer your data to another data controller. Your data will be delivered to you electronically so that you are able to transfer the data to another data controller/service provider.
- As a data subject, you are entitled to correct any inaccurate data we may process about you.
- As a data subject, you are entitled to withdraw consent if you wish to stop or restrict our processing of your personal data.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects personal data from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete personal data from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove personal data from our backup systems.
Notification of Breach of the Protection of Your Personal Data
In case of a security breach that may compromise your personal data, Safe Online will notify you by email without undue delay. The email will contain information about the extent of the security breach, what specific data is affected, and what actions and plans have been initiated to limit any possible harm or misuse of your personal data.
Inquiries About Personal Data
If you want to know more about the types of personal data we possess about you or have questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact Safe Online privacy officer, Sebastian Allerelli at mail: email@example.com
You may also request your data online via our request portal: Request your data.
If you wish to complain about Safe Online’s processing and/or use of your personal data, you can do so by contacting the authorities. In Denmark, the relevant government body is Datatilsynet, Borgergade 28, 5, 1300 Kbh K, tel. +45 33 19 32 00.
See more at https://www.datatilsynet.dk.
Safe Online ApS
Købmagergade 22, 2
1150, Copenhagen, Denmark
Phone: +45 5365 5042