Last updated on 23 August 2019 to reflect the new name, Connectid Personal.
Thank you for using the Connectid Personal app, formerly known as SafeProfile. These terms of service (“Terms”) govern your use and access to the Connectid Personal app (“App”) owned and operated by SafeOnline ApS (“Safe Online”), located at Købmagergade 22, 2, 1150 Copenhagen, Denmark. Company registration (VAT): DK38589962.
Types of Data & Your Permissions
When you create a profile on our website or use our App, you provide us with some basic information we use to create your profile and verify your identity. We call this type of data “Profile Data”. Such data can be names, phone numbers, email addresses, and addresses.
Your Use of the App
Our mission is to give the Connectid Personal user the power to make their own decisions regarding all the data that currently floats between different service providers, businesses, government agencies, and other environments where personal data is being processed. In order for you to use our App, there are a number of policies described below you must abide by:
- You may use our App only as permitted by applicable law in your country, including but not limited to international rules and regulations. We may suspend your use of the App if you do not comply with our terms and policies, or if we suspect any misconduct. Further, you may not use our App in a manner that is misleading, discriminatory, or fraudulent.
- You may not upload or install viruses or any other malicious code, or do anything that could disable, disrupt, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our App.
- You may only create one account (your own) and only use the App to create justified requests to any party you have a reason to believe processes your data. The App may not be used to harass, disrupt, disturb, or in any other way be used to create requests to any type of Data Controller or Data Processor that you know or should have known is not processing your personal data.
- You may not use the App to spam, or in any other way use the App to perform unsolicited communication to any Data Controller, Data Processor or anyone else contacted through the App.
- You may not use the App to impersonate, imitate, or in any other way pretend to be someone other than yourself.
- You may not use the App if we have previously disabled your account for violation of our terms or misuse of the App.
- Help us help you stay safe. Keep your password secure at all times, and make sure to keep your Profile Data current and updated. Do not give anyone else access to your Connectid personal account.
- You agree to notify Safe Online in case of unauthorized access to the App or upon suspicion of a password or other credentials being lost, stolen, misused, or compromised.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, or resell access to the App, use of the App, or any other exploitation of the access to the App without our written permission.
- You agree not to modify, tamper with, change, reverse engineer or in any other way alter the App for any reason. You also agree not to create websites, applications, or App that falsely imply they are associated with the App, Connectid Personal, or SafeOnline.
- You agree that all ownership, intellectual property, branding, licensing, and other rights that are associated with and in the App belong to Safe Online.
Sometimes we may need to modify, update, change, discontinue, add or restructure, temporarily or permanently, any feature associated with the App. You agree that we can do so with or without notice, except changes that materially change or reduce the functionality of the App, in which case we shall provide you with a 30-day notice. Any use of the App after any of the aforementioned scenarios constitutes your acceptance of the App in its subsequent version.
Your Access to the App
We give you a free (no fee), personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our App. This license is granted for the sole purpose of giving you access to the App as described in these Terms.
When you are granted access to the App, you agree that Safe Online has no obligation to provide any particular App or support. You also agree that we may stop providing the App at any time without notice.
You agree that your use of the App is neither contingent upon the delivery of any future functionality or features, nor dependent upon any oral or written public comments made by Connectid Personal or Safe Online, including any roadmaps, with respect to future functionality or features.
Termination & Discontinuation
You can stop using our App at any time. However, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the App under any of the following conditions:
- you are in breach of these Terms or any applicable law
- you are using the App in a manner that would cause a real risk of harm or loss to us or other users
We will give you reasonable notice in advance of termination via the email address associated with your account. If after such notice you fail to remedy the misuse or take the steps we ask of you, we will terminate or suspend your access to the App.
We will not provide notice before termination under any of the following conditions:
- you are in material breach of these Terms
- doing so would cause us legal liability or compromise our ability to provide the App to our other users,
- we are prohibited from doing so by law
We may discontinue the App because of unforeseen circumstances, in which case we will give you reasonable prior notice.
Limitation of Liability
Except in the case of a violation by Safe Online of its obligations outlined in these Terms, we shall not be held liable for any damages that you might experience. You waive the right to claim any damages, penalties, or liability of any kind resulting in any way from the App provided by Safe Online.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms in their entirety or parts thereof. We will notify you by mail no later than 30-days prior to any changes in these Terms.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
These Terms shall be governed by Danish law.
Instead of fighting in court, we want you to address your concerns. Before filing a claim against Safe Online, you agree to try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting email@example.com. We will try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting you via email.
If a dispute is not resolved within 30 days of submission, you or Safe Online may bring a formal proceeding, in which case the dispute arising from the Terms that can not be resolved in a timely manner shall be settled by the Danish court in the jurisdiction in which Safe Online ApS is headquartered. You waive any objection as to inconvenient forum.
Entire Agreement, Waiver, Severability & Assignment
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Safe Online and supersede any prior engagement or agreement between us, including any previous versions of this Agreement. These Terms create no third-party beneficiary rights.
Our failure to enforce a provision is not a waiver of our right to do so later.
If a provision is found unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Terms will remain in full effect, and an enforceable term will be substituted reflecting our intent as closely as possible.
You may not assign any of your rights under these Terms, and any such attempt will be void. We may assign rights to any of our affiliates or subsidiaries, or to any successor in interest of any business associated with the App.